Re: Help: SQL*Net and Windows95

From: netac <netac_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/08/08

Anton Dischner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I strongly recommend not to use Oracle Win3.11 software for Win95.
> Try to get the Win95 software!!
> Some poeple say it works, but you will have a lot of trouble.
> See www.oracle.com for trial versions.
>
> The products are searched in \orawin and \orawin95 respectively.
> Check you PATH in autoexec.bat

Absolutely correct. The Oracle WIN95 SQLNETV2 stuff works very well. People shoule be using it when they make the move to WIN95. The Oracle network manager is not a WIN95 app yet, but does run as a 3.1 app under WIN95. I am hopeful that they convert this to WIN95 soon, as this is a good tool for SQLNET V2 and oracle Names config and setup.... Received on Thu Aug 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message