Re: Problem : Connect Multiple Database

From: Oracle DBA <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1996/08/08

In article <320056F6.32A4_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>, c2816515_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk says...

>Hi,
>
> I have created 2 database (db_name :One is
 oracle,other is test) in a
>Oracle Server7 on NT 3.51 . And the test database's sid
 is test.

> When I use SQLNet, I connected as "user=scott;
 password=tiger;
>hoststring=P:machinename:test"
>
> But I use "select * from global_name;", the answer is
 "oracle.world".
>Thus I think I always connect to the 1st database!!!
>
> So I beg any help on teaching me to connect the 2nd
 database!!!

>Daniel

When you created the test db, did you copy the initoracle.ora file or did you use the installer to create it. If you used the a copy of it, the db_name value in the init file may be setting the dbname to the same thing. Received on Thu Aug 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message