[Q] ORA-04031 unable to allocate shared memory

From: MCC <duffy_at_cais.cais.com>
Date: 1996/08/07

  I got an error message on client side said "ORA-04031; unable to allocate 740 bytes of shared memory". I have following questions can someone help me on it:

  1. Does their has a way to check how many free SGA Database has?
  2. Someone told me use "select free_space from v$shared_pool_reserved" to check free space. The output I got always 0 even I use "alter system flush shared_pool". I shutdown database then start it up, the free_space still 0.
  3. will this error write to any error log or not? Where is it? The Oracle server is reside on SUN Sparc with Solaris 2.5 and Oracle 7.2.3.
  4. When this error happen I check their has onlt one user. Why the free_space is 0?
  5. the "shared_pool_size = 9000000" on my init.ora. How big size should I change? How to match the size on SOLARIS /etc/system?

Thank you for help. Received on Wed Aug 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message