Re: Help on Webserver2.0 on Solaris

From: <Steve_Kilbane_at_cegelecproj.co.uk>
Date: 1996/08/06

Jay Ramadorai <103422.1467_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
> Are there any bulletins or manuals or other electronic source of
> info on administering Oracle Webserver 2.0. I am running a
> downloaded eval copy and getting lots of "document is protected"
> and "more authentication info needed"-type messages

Well, there's the documentation in $ORACLE_HOME/ows2/admdoc, and in $ORACLE_HOME/ows2/doc/. These should be available from the root directory of the web server, when you connect to it. Generally, though, they seem to be of the cookbook variety, and don't give much assistance when things aren't working.

It sounds to me like you're attempting to access the administration forms without the correct username/password. Have a look at the $ORACLE_HOME/ows2/admin/*.cfg files - they should contain username/password information that you entered when first setting up the server.

steve Received on Tue Aug 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message