Re: SCO binaries to run oracle on linux

From: Jan Paul <aszunoma_at_solair1.inter.nl.net>
Date: 1996/08/05

In article <4u1lrr$10t_at_mars.cnct.com>, akgiwa_at_cnct.com says...

>Hi when you get this info please pass it on to me
>
>TIA

It is not so difficult.. Read the fine manual (The installation guide for SCO Oracle). Just follow these steps, and you will be fine. The only thing you would have to do, is look why the oracle installer fails (orsinst.log) and correct the error. I simply created symbolic links in the background while installing on the other console. All the errors I got where tracable to two problems:
1. Lack of drive space (you would probably need 350 free space!) 2. Linkers and compilers are named differently on SCO.. This is why I created symbolic links...

Good luck.
Jan Received on Mon Aug 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message