Re: Delphi 1.0 to Personal Oracle for w95 via ODBC. Doable?

From: Phil Perucci <pperucci_at_idsonline.com>
Date: 1996/08/05

On Sat, 03 Aug 1996 19:13:20 GMT, ssl_at_aladdin.co.uk (Nick Todd) wrote:

>Once upon a time I managed to develop a Delphi 1.0 (16-bit)
>application which connected to Oracle via ODBC.
>
>Now, I need to do the same, but using Personal Oracle 7 for Windows
>95. I have both Delphi 1.0 and 2.0. Since my target machine is Win 3.1
>I need to use Delphi 1.0 - but is there an ODBC driver with which I
>can get a 16-bit development tool to talk to a 32-bit database?

If both PO7 '95 and the 16-bit app is on the same machine, the ODBC driver (Windows 3.1) from Oracle will work (see Oracle trial software on WWW page). Good luck fighting the BDE though ;-)

If SEPARATE machines, you need SQL*NET on the 16-bit machine, and a listener on the PO7 machine. A previous posting indicates PO7 comes with a listener, but I can't confirm. Received on Mon Aug 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message