Re: Reports 2.5 - ASCII output-Help

From: Ron Mahon <rondonent_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/08/05

Jenny Farnham wrote:

> I'll set the scene..... I am developing a simple report
> in Reports 2.5 on a Unix workstation.
> I have set everything I know so that this report will come
> out CHARACTER-mode, 132 x 66, landscape. I've set the fonts
> ,size, etc just like the Oracle books have told me.... if
> it was in the bood regarding developing/running character mode
> reports I have read it/done it!
>
> Problem: When I run the report to screen - it looks great,
> and it actually is in ascii format (no fancy stuff)... However,
> when I go to run it to a FILE..... it seems to be only coming
> out in 80 character mode. I "vi"d the file and made it so the
> carriage returns would show up. The carriage returns show up at 80!
> I have even chosen the ascii driver from the "Choose Printer"
> choice.
>
> WHY - after all I have done.... does it only save it in 80 character
> mode? I'm going nuts. I hate this product to begin with but am
> forced to use it.
>
> Jennifer Farnham
> Access Graphics
> Boulder, Colorado
> --
> Jennifer Farnham
> email: farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu or
> HomePage: http://spot.Colorado.EDU/~farnham/Home.html
Jennifer the problem is that the template you used is set for a laser printer on 8.5*11 paper. In a rush we modified the report telling it to print 230 char per line. The right way id to create a new template for dot matrix printer. You can copy and modify one of the supplied templates. I haven't had time to do it yet! please let me know how you made out
Regards
Ron Mahon

--