Re: Date arithmetic with oracle

From: Richard Clapp Jr <102777.3306_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/08/04

I'm not sure if it is that easy. He wants true hours between events, by the sound of it. What you guys offered was the hours by days between the DATE part of the event, and forgot the hours part. I think he might want to create a procedure that takes in the two dates, cuts off the hour portion into variables, then does a date subtraction, then handles the hour difference, adds for a total hours between events. (Don't forget to use military time to simplify things.) Then he just calls the procedure whenever he needs this done. What do you think?

--
Richard Clapp - Cols, OH
102777.3306_at_compuserve.com