Oracle 7.2 on NT Install Woes...

From: Jim St.Cyr <jstcyr_at_eclipse.net>
Date: 1996/08/04

I have an Oracle 7.2 install that will not complete when being installed onto a SCSI drive. If I install onto the IDE, all goes well.

I have tried many variations to no avail. The end result is the same, the machine hangs. Using Instance Manager, it will create the Log and Data files but then fails during (I assume) the catalog step. I tried a manual install using SQL*DBA to the same end. I then tried re-installing Oracle itself onto the drive with the hopes that the starter database would get built. Nope.

The machine is a 486/66 with 32M RAM running NT Server 3.51 with Service Pack 4 applied. The SCSI adapter is an Adaptec 2842A VL. The drive is a Seagate ST-43400N with two partitions (1.0G, 1.7G both NTFS). The IDE is hooked to a VL multi I/O adapter with an on-board BIOS. It has two partitions, the boot ia a 550M FAT boot and a 1.1G NTFS extended. Oracle will install fine into the 1.6G extended partition.

Suggestions?

Jim St.Cyr
jstcyr_at_eclipse.net Received on Sun Aug 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message