Workgroup Server on SCO 5.0

From: Doug Dahlke <dougd_at_wolfe.net>
Date: 1996/08/03

After finally getting Workgroup Server/2000 up and running on SCO Enterprise 5.0.0 we decided to set up a separate database on our 8GB disk array. A DBA consultant got us up and going on that and most of the tools are working correctly. For that, I deeply thank them for their help. Our database instance was renamed to 'SBP' instead of 'ORCL' and only boots up from the oracle user using dbstart. If I try to go into the Motif gui 'dbmgr' to query the status, it says it's availabe but not running. I try and start it but it fails. The parameters it is trying to use are not the same as the parameters in our initSBP.ora file in our new instance. What file is 'dbmgr' looking at for this information? Please respond via email. Thanks. Received on Sat Aug 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message