Re: Recommendations for DBA tools

From: Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net>
Date: 1996/08/02

Andy Gurd wrote:

> Can anyone recommend Oracle7 administration (sizing/distribution,
> backup/recovery, performance monitoring) tools ?
>
> I am particularly interested in tools which provide functionality that a DBA
> who is migrating from mainframe DB2 to Unix Oracle7 would be familiar with.

A good overall DBA tool to consider would be "Reveal for Oracle: Administrator". You can download the full product and try it out at the RevealNet WebSite: http://www.revealnet.com

Reveal is a MS Windows Knowledge Base which covers over 1,800 topics focused on the day-to-day responsibilities of an Oracle DBA. An ongoing survey with RevealNet customers indicates that the product is helpful in answering between 70-80 percent of technical questions faced by DBAs.

Reveal's topics are extremely well-written, and packed with examples, diagrams and high-quality, reusable scripts and coding techniques.

Hope this helps,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
(202) 234-8557 Received on Fri Aug 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message