Re: Reports 2.5 - ASCII output-Help

From: Louis Cohen <louiscoh_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1996/08/02

Make sure that you set the destination format to Wide (for 132) or Wide180 (180 columns). Otherwise you get the default format, dflt, which is 80 wide.

This applies only to character mode.

farnham_at_spot.Colorado.EDU (Jenny Farnham) wrote:

>I'll set the scene..... I am developing a simple report
>in Reports 2.5 on a Unix workstation.
>I have set everything I know so that this report will come
>out CHARACTER-mode, 132 x 66, landscape. I've set the fonts
>,size, etc just like the Oracle books have told me.... if
>it was in the bood regarding developing/running character mode
>reports I have read it/done it!

>Problem: When I run the report to screen - it looks great,
>and it actually is in ascii format (no fancy stuff)... However,
>when I go to run it to a FILE..... it seems to be only coming
>out in 80 character mode. I "vi"d the file and made it so the
>carriage returns would show up. The carriage returns show up at 80!
>I have even chosen the ascii driver from the "Choose Printer"
>choice.

>WHY - after all I have done.... does it only save it in 80 character
>mode? I'm going nuts. I hate this product to begin with but am
>forced to use it.

>Jennifer Farnham
>Access Graphics
>Boulder, Colorado
>--
>Jennifer Farnham
>email: farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu or
>HomePage:
http://spot.Colorado.EDU/~farnham/Home.html

Regards

Louis Cohen
San Leandro, CA
louiscoh_at_sprynet.com Received on Fri Aug 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message