Re: Forms v. Oracle Power Objects

From: STEPHEN LEONARD ROBERTS <STEVE_at_chigtow.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/08/01

In article <mikek-3007961735290001_at_pdl-ts1-39.jvnc.net>

 Odekirk" writes:

> > > I thought I heard a rumor that Oracle was abandoning development of Forms in> > > favor of Oracle
> > > Power Objects. Is there any truth to this?
> > > How do the two products relate to each other? What are the relative
>

> "In personal oracle 7 forms 4.5 is part of Power Objects."
> This is not true (and is even difficult to parse). These are three
> separate products. PO7 is a database only. Forms 4.5 is one part of
> Designer/2000. OPO is a front end tool with a lame integrated database
> (Blaze).
>
> The confusion probably arises because there are objects in OPO called
> "Forms," but they have nothing to do with the Oracle product called Forms
> 4.5, and while you can connect to a PO7 database with OPO, OPO is not part
> of PO7.

   Sorry for misleading anyone (but someone told me it was). There is no reference to it being 4.5 in any of the power objects documentation I have refered to.

    I would be interested to know if the Power objects forms resemble forms 4.5 in operation or functionality.

        However they are definantly refered to as forms. As a mute point the original questioner did not specify forms 4.5. So perhaps the correct answer to the 1st part is that Oracle continue to develop forms Within Power Objects.

--
steve roberts