forms 4.5 problem

From: Barbara Elliott <elliott_at_statcan.ca>
Date: 1996/07/31

How do I populate a master block from a query in a detail block?

For example:
say I have a master block called 'magazines' and a detail block called 'article'. a specific article can only belong to one magazine, but a magazine can have more than one article. I query in the article block... article title: '%sex%' and it returns 10 hits. The master block is not populated in a masterless operation. However, the user needs to know what magazine(master block) the current article belongs to (could be any 1 of 10).

Note:
- this has to be a masterless operation. when you have a masterless operation, the master block does not populate.

  • if you try to invoke a query in the master, it will in turn execute the on-populate-detail trigger and you will lose your initial query in the detail block.

if you need further information e-mail brian at fukubri_at_statcan.ca Received on Wed Jul 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message