Re: JDBC and Oracle

From: Patrick Caulfield <patrick_at_sco.com>
Date: 1996/07/31

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:13:03 GMT, pperucci_at_idsonline.com (Phil Perucci) wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:21:59 +0100, olebra_at_ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr
>(olivier lebra) wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>Can I use the JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) to communicate with Oracle
>>from within Java applets via SQL requests? I think Oracle must implement
>>something before we can use the JDBC package. Am I right?
>
>You could use the JDBC-ODBC bridge if you have an ODBC driver.

We (SCO) are releasing a JDBC driver for SQL-Retriever (that includes Oracle/Informix and Ingres) *very* soon. Watch comp.lang.java.announce.

This a a fully java client that talks to our server and the database on the Unix end.

patrick Received on Wed Jul 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message