Informix: First impressions

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/07/31

After trying the Oracle trial versions on NT and Solaris x86 I am completely disgusted with the product and the company (they cant even write install scripts without making blunders) and looking for a better solution.

Someone over the usenet recommended Informix. I looked at their home page and was a little disappointed. No On-line Store (like Oracle has) for me to purchase products or literature for beginners. Worse, no trial version of any products (like Oracle has) ! I mean who wants to spend thousands of dollars on a product and then say ooops ?

Also looking at the web pages I couldn't tell if this product was available for Solaris_x86. It probably is there but wasn't anywhere obvious and I didn't want to wade through tonnes of "my database is better than your database" stuff.

Thanks.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Wed Jul 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message