Re: Help !!! I can't call a store procedure from a form trigger

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1996/07/31

In <19960731.092047.686_at_lfs.loral.com>, kauj_at_lfs.loral.com (Joe) writes:
>Hi,
>
> i tried to call a store procedure within a form trigger and I got a
> compile error. It indicated that the stroe procedure must be declared.
>
> It seems that the form can't see the store procedure.
> I am running form 4.5 under Oracle 7.2.3.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> my e-mail address is joe.kau_at_lmco.com

To be able to call a stored procedure from Forms a public synonym needs to be created. Why? Because Forms will not recognize your stored procedure call using the standard notation: Owner.YourProcName(p1,p2). So, just create a public synonym and change your procedure call to: YourProcSynName(p1,p2).

M.Landa Received on Wed Jul 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message