Re: ODBC - ORACLE 7.2 Connection problem on NT 3.51

From: Dean Cunningham <deanc_at_wairc.govt.nz>
Date: 1996/07/30

Badri Narasimhan wrote:

> Server: ORACLE 7.2.3 on Sequent Dynix/ptx
> Client: Windows NT, 3.51
> Software Path: MS Access/MS Query -> ODBC -> SQL*Net -> ORACLE
> Problem: ORA 9241
> Result: Headache
> Need: Help!!!
> Note: I know that the Windows solution to the problem is that
> CONFIG may not be set to ORACLE.INI. However, in NT, it is only
> the registry and not ORACLE.INI that is used. I checked to make
> sure that the registry is correct. What else needs to be done?

Are you sure that the registry is used?
Does 7.2 have a NT 3.5x 32 bit client?
I know 7.3 does have a 32 bit client did not realise 2.2 did. If it is a 16 bit client then their should be a oracle.ini in c:\winnt35 or c:\windows (or similar)

Dean Cunningham                     DeanC_at_wairc.govt.nz
Computer Facilities Supervisor
Environment Waikato

Hamilton,New Zealand