DEC Alpha 8400 and Oracle

From: Jim Haase <jhaase_at_cts.com>
Date: 1996/07/30

Hello,

We will be migrating from a DEC 2100 to an Alpha 8400 and will be running Oracle 7.3.

I have heard about the great Oracle benchmarks running in this environment. The problem is getting technical information regarding setup issues.

Can any one point me in the direction of any technical documents, whitepapers, or other resources that can assist me with different configuration scenarios. Specifically:

	VLM issues
	Raw devices vs. Digital's Advanced File System
	Parallel Server

Searching the Web, all I find is press releases stating how fast Oracle runs under the Alpha 8400, not how they did it.

When I call Oracle, they refer me to DEC. When I call DEC, they refer me to Oracle. ARGGHHHHH!

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Haase
jhaase_at_cts.com Received on Tue Jul 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message