Re: SQL EXPERTS ONLY

From: Naren Chintala <naren_at_mink.att.com>
Date: 1996/07/30

mgreen1962_at_aol.com (MGreen1962) wrote:
>I need to produce a report that shows how many records are in each table.
>i.e:
>
>Table_Name Number Recs
>Employees 413
>Customer 5257
>
>How can I do this? Is there a datadictionary table that contains the
>number records in a table? Thanks to all that attempt to answer this
>question.
>
>Send suggestions to MGREEN1962_at_aol.com

Do the following (analyzing large tables could be painful)

  1. Run the dbmsutil.sql when logged in as SYS if it has NOT been done.
  2. Login as the user id where the tables belong (ex. SCOTT)
  3. execute dbms_utility.analyze_schema('SCOTT','COMPUTE'); This will populate the user_tables.
  4. select table_name,num_rows from user_tables; (ex.) TBLE_NAME NUM_ROWS
    Employees 413 Customer 5257
  5. execute dbms_utility.analyze_schema('SCOTT','DELETE'); This will delete the statistics in the user_tables.

Hope this helps.
Naren Chintala
naren_at_mink.att.com Received on Tue Jul 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message