Re: calling stored procedure /webserver

From: Ken Mizuta <kmizuta_at_jp.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/29

Mohan Vijay wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Can some one explian what is the right way to call a stored procedure
> thru the netscape browser. Iam currently running/testing out webserver
> 1.0 on 7.3.2 database.I've setup the listener on a port(eg:8000) and
> also set up an agent(DEMO).I also have created a procedure(tsthtp)
> which has just got one line htp.print('hello').
> Now, when I try to issue the following...
> http://165.120.90.10:8000/DEMO/owa/tsthtp
>
> its coming out saying 'Requested URL not found..'
>
> What am I missing ? Iam able to access other documents on the disks thru
> this listener and also if I use sqlplus thru some cgi script but not
> using the agent ?
>
> Thanks..
> Mo
> ou90764_at_deere.com

Have you set up the Web Listener?
You have to manually configure the Listener (go to the listener home page) so that /DEMO is mapped to the directory where owa resides (probably $ORACLE_HOME/ows/bin). Be sure to restart the listener after configuring it.

                 /    Kenichi Mizuta
      ////      /     Oracle Corporation (Redwood Shores, CA)
     |0 0|     /      Applications Division
_ooO_ \U/_Ooo_/       email: kmizuta_at_us.oracle.com
The comments and opinions expressed herein are mine and
do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.