Developer2000: Timer event problem, pl. help!!!

From: NVedula <nvedula_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/07/28

hi!
Thanx in advance!!

I have a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger for a button in a base table block. The button's code basically reads like this:

/* Create a repeating timer that expires every hour */ DECLARE

     minute_timer TIMER;
     minute     NUMBER(7):=60000; --i.e.one minute is 60000 milliseconds.
BEGIN
     minute_timer:= CREATE_TIMER('alarm',minute,REPEAT);
END; I have the following code in the WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger in Oracle forms45.

what i am basically trying to do is this: Firstly, I am creating a timer using CREATE_TIMER built-in in a when-button-pressed trigger and then I am writing a when-timer-expired trigger to create another timer when the first one expires but this timer can be controlled by the end user for the Timer Name and Timer Interval are input by the user in a control item. so if user types in xxx in place of timer name(in a control item) and 30000 in place of timer interval (another control item) then a new timer with xxx as its name and 30000 as interval is created.

DECLARE
 tm_id Timer;
 tm_interval NUMBER(7);
 Timer_Name varchar2 := :TIMER.TIMER_NAME;  Timer_Intv NUMBER(7) := :TIMER.TIMER_INT;

  • my inclusions, u can type something in a control item
  • and use it in the following program as shown below.

BEGIN

  /*
  ** User gives the interval in seconds, the timer routines
  ** expect milliseconds

The problem that i have is that i get a value error on when-timer-expired trigger
FRM 40735 which is basically the trigger raising an unhandled exception, in this case most probably WHEN value_error.

Could someone please look into this and help? i don't think i have a value error since i am assigning the right values to all the variables.

THANX A LOT!!!!! Naveen

Pl. respond to nvedula_at_aol.com\ Received on Sun Jul 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message