TEXT_IO Help!

From: Eric Herbert <eriche_at_gr.hp.com>
Date: 1996/07/26

I am using the TEXT_IO package to write output to disk with success.

However, I don't want to hardcode the output file name. To be specific, I want to call the file: test.123456 where "123456" is a timestamp.

So at runtime the file is created and named. Any solutions?

I could create it at run time with a standard name and then change it with a unix system call- that would be acceptable, but I don't know how to do that either.

Post or email with any help. And Thanks-  Herbert

    • Eric Herbert * | \\|
    • elroy_at_pobox.com * (0-0-) ||

    • Creator of fine Spaghetti Code and * /()\ ||
    • Elusive Documentation. If you don't understand * ( ) /||\
    • it- why you probably weren't there when I wrote * || o***
    • it, were you? * // /||||\