Oracle Financials printing at 6 minutes per page

From: Jeff Cerrafon <jeff.cerrafon_at_bellsouth.co.nz>
Date: 1996/07/26

We are currently implementing Oracle Financials (10.6 with RDBMS 7.1.6) on a HP T500 with HPUX 10.x.
We have a performance problem in printing packing slips. These packing slips are a PostScript print jobs. There is a delay of up to 6 minutes a page per print jobs to a HP4Laserjet printer.
We have tried send these jobs to the fastest printer we have (HP 5SiMX). This does better (i.e. just over a minute to process the job) but is still unexceptable.

Questions:
Has anybody had a similar problem.?
If so what did you do to resolve it.?

The option, as far I see is to not to use PostScript, but preprinted forms. It is also suggested to me to use PCL. Revision of oracle report programs are also considered.

Jeff.cerrafon_at_bellsouth.co.nz
Database Administrator Received on Fri Jul 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message