Time required to install and setup Oracle database?

From: Edward J. Hartford <Hartford_at_Third-Wave.com>
Date: 1996/07/26

I would appreciate input on a reasonable (unreasonable may be more to the point) length of time to allow for the installation and setup of an Oracle database. I was just hoping for broad terms: 1 month, 6 months, 1 yr, 2 yr, 3years? The situtation is

A Sparc20 running Solaris
10 PCs running win3.1 connected by lan workplace DBA - 10+ years programming including SQL (no previous DBA exp) Information currently stored in two different format flat files. priority to loading incoming data.

I was just interested in a estimate on the time until users could expect to begin accessing data, no fancy reports, just the bare bones queries of the data. Even setup of username/password to begin development/working with oracle.

Is installation so difficult that it requires an experienced DBA with previous installation experience?   Received on Fri Jul 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message