Re: GPF on Running Catproc.sql in NT

From: J. de Hooge <jdh_at_euronet.nl>
Date: 1996/07/26

backCat <blackcat_at_asanet.com> wrote:

> I created a fresh installation of Oracle-7.1.3 on NT 3.51.
>
> As next step I tried to run "Catproc.sql".
>
> This process failed,while trying to run "Diutil.sql" (which catproc.sql
> calls internally).
>
> The error was:-
> | PLUS31 caused a General Protection Fault in |
> | module ORA71WIN.DLL at 0005:0CE8. |
> | Choose close. PLUS31 will close. |
> | |
> | Close |
>
> If it helps, I would like to mention that the failed process ( creation
> of package body) was around 1064 lines long. And it failed around that
> (1064th line) location.
>
> Help needed!!!!!

I had the same experience during installation of Personal Oracle 7 on a Windows 3.11 machine, also in the middle of executing catproc.sql. The reason for this was a limited buffersize in SQL*Plus. Just before Plus generated a GPF, the message 'Buffer exhausted' or something like that appeared.

Then I tried to run the installtion script from within SQL*DBA and it all worked, apparently because of a larger buffer size in SQL*DBA. There are some very large PL/SQL-statements in CATPROC.SQL.

Good luck,

Toine van Beckhoven,
Dedicate Information Technology Services, Woerden, The Netherlands Received on Fri Jul 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message