Re: Bugs w/Oracle NLMs?

From: Sathish B. Ponnubhoina <zsbp0a_at_chi.amoco.com>
Date: 1996/07/25

I have personal oracle 7.0 for windows 95 and developer 2000 cd. I am trying to install at home on my personal computer. I am successful in installing these products. The database runs and I can get to the sql plus. But when I try to connect to the database through developer 2000, it does not connect to the database. Do I have to go through SQL * NET to connect to the database or do I have to USe ODBC to connect or it does oracle have a direct connect that it will know and connect it itself. Right now I ge t an error ORA:12203 Cannot connect to the destination. This is a SQL *NET error. So Deleted the sql*NET and I tried it. But then It gives an error no protocol specified. Does anyone have any suggesstions??

Please E-Mail any suggestions to satishp_at_amoco.com. Received on Thu Jul 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message