Re: Do sites actually install Oracle themselves ? What a nightmare...

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/07/25

Oh boy, you have touched several nerves by bringing it up. After trying to install Oracle on a new machine for a week and then looking at the install scripts (so stupid) I am so pissed that I could kill the sun of a gun who wrote these scripts for wasting so much of my time.

What kind of a product do you expect from a company who cant write the friggin install scripts correctly ?

That was my experience on Solaris x86 2.5.1. And then I also tried the demo version of their webserver for NT. I got the error saying that a file was missing from the distribution ?

What are these people smoking when they are writing this stuff ?

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Thu Jul 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message