Re: How I can setup dedicated server ?

From: DBA <oracle_at_myhost.subdomain.domain>
Date: 1996/07/24

Dony Angjaya (calculus_at_rad.net.id) wrote:
: I am trying to use Oracle 7 for NT. And I am using SQL*Net 2.1...
: But there a trouble in connecting to my client (using Windows 95).
: I want to setup my Oracle using multi threaded server. And I've already
: configured my parameter file (init.ora) with :

: MTS_SERVER
: MTS_MAX_SERVER
: MTS_LISTENER_ADDRESS
: MTS_DISPATCHER
: MTS_MAX_DISPATCHER

: But still it won't work. And in client workstation said:
: TNS ERROR: Fail to connect dedicated server.
: Then I try to use dedicated server but still it won't work .

: Is there any of you having this kind of experience ?

   I have also encountered such kind of problem. At that moment, I still cannot solve it. Anyway, I have found that the reason may be my Oracle does not support my TCP/IP adapters !

   You can find whether you have experienced same situation as me. Please lookup the init$SID.ora. Check whether you have included "tcp,1" in the MTS server. If not, please add it. Then, shut down the instance and start up again. See whether there are any error message during startup. I would like to see your reply.

    Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to email to me.

--
                                                               Best Regards,
                                                                 Lun Wing San

Email address : sunny_at_hkpc.org / wslun_at_cs.cuhk.hk
Telephone     : (852)2758 5936 / (852)2788 5841