General Questions on Designer 2000

From: <psharris_at_earth.execpc.com>
Date: 1996/07/24

We are using Oracle Designer / 2000 release 1.1 and are encountering the following problems with the Process Modeller:

  1. SHARING PROCESSES ACROSS APPLICATION SYSTEMS
ApplicationA is owned by UserA. ApplicationA process model contains processes AA AB AC. We want to be able to share AB with Application B.

We attempted to copy the process from Application System A to Application System B. The system refused to copy the process over and displayed an error message to the effect that Process are not shareable.

Is there a work around or has an API program be developed that would enable us to resolve this problem?

2. SELECTING PROCESSES TO BUILD THE FUNCTION HIERARCHY DIAGRAM Our objective is to select the processes that are to become business functions and appear in the Function Hierarchy diagram. Instead the system select all the processes in the process model and turn them into functions. Is there a way to select the processes that are to become functions?

3. CREATING SUB PROCESSES Our process model Model1 includes 3 processes AA AB and AC. We want to break down (decompose) AB into AB1 AB2 and AB3 and store the decomposed processes in a sub process model.

With process AB highlighted, from the [File menu] we select [Open Down]. A new canvass appears. We enter AB1 AB2 and AB3. However when selecting [File menu] and [Summary] the Parent Process is AB. We cannot access the field where the parent id is recorded.

Is there a way to re-parent a sub-process or are we using the wrong technique to create sub-processes?

The major inconvenience of having the wrong parent is that we cannot copy data stores that appear on the parent to the child.

In advance thank you for your help.

Cacault, Olivier
MLC!888IS!ocacult_at_mstrlck.attmail.com Received on Wed Jul 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message