Re: PROC: Dynamic SQL

From: Chandra Kamalakantha 604-1291 <ckamal01_at_csd.eds.com>
Date: 1996/07/24

Ashwini Kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a Probelm with dynamic sql in PRO*C.
> the sql statement is like " select * from mytable where name = :f1".
> it works fine if the bind variable has all the N chars , where N
> is the length of the coulmn name. but it returns nothing if the bind
> variable has a value whose length is less than the column
> length. Any ideas?
>
> thanks a lot, ash.

I guess your variable may not be properly intialized, that's where I would start from. If you still have this problem, let me know I will send you the code fragment that works perfect.

Chandra Kamalakantha                    | phone: (214) 604-1291
Advanced Systems Engineer               | fax:   (214) 604-8527
EDS Corporation                         | email: ckamal01_at_csd.eds.com
C3-3C-34                                |        ckamal01_at_7-11.com
5400 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024