Re: Win3.11: no more than one connection in sqlplus to remote database?

From: Tony Noble <tnoble_at_mt.gov>
Date: 1996/07/24

In article <4slhrd$7pu_at_info.service.rug.nl>, M.M.Groothuizen_at_rc.rug.nl says...

>It seems to me that it is not possible to have more than one
>window-application running, connected to remote ORACLE database(s).
>For instance, when sqlplus is running, servermanager hangs when I start it.
>Can anyone tell me the cause of this problem? Is it an Oracle problem, a
>memory problem or a communication stack problem or.....?????
>
>Thanx in advance!
>
>Rita Groothuizen

begin 2cents mode
We had a similiar problem that occurred on some machines and not others. By accident we discovered that it was related to having numbers (ie. digits) in our sqlnet v2 connect strings. As soon as we stopped using digits we could do multiple connections again.
end 2cents mode

--
Tony Noble
tnoble_at_mt.gov