Re: Naming conventions

From: Alistair Thomson <Alistair.Thomson_at_hri.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/07/23

ron.heeb_at_csun.edu (Ron Heeb) wrote:
>I'm trying to come up with some naming conventions for my
>programmers/analysts to follow but am having a hard time settling on
>anything, especially with the FHD. Any help appreciated...ron

Use long sensible names, that way when someone else looks at the table structure things make a lot more sense. Okay its a bit of a drag to have to type these long names in but its worth it in the long run believe me I've been there and had to sort out field names like 'CR_BAD_DB_ACC' instead of 'BAD_DEBTORS_ACCOUNT'.

Hope this is of help.

--
Alistair Thomson
Database Administrator