Re: Naming conventions

From: Afshin Ghafoori <ash_at_lantis.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/07/23

ron.heeb_at_csun.edu (Ron Heeb) wrote:

>I'm trying to come up with some naming conventions for my
>programmers/analysts to follow but am having a hard time settling on
>anything, especially with the FHD. Any help appreciated...ron

>--
>Ron Heeb, Webmaster
>Mgr., Applications Development, ITR
>California State University, Northridge
>email: ron.heeb_at_csun.edu, webmaster_at_csun.edu

How about asigning a mnemonic to each table, e.g., VEHICLES - VCL and the fields will be named:
VCL_NUMBER
VCL_COLOUR
etc...

for foreign keys, say referencing table MAKES - MAK (MAK_NUMBER): you get

VCL_MAK_NUMBER etc...

We use this and it serves us well. Received on Tue Jul 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message