Re: Form 4.5: Problem with commiting a PL/SQL update statement.

From: Chris Kimpton <psx-info_at_quarks.idiscover.co.uk>
Date: 1996/07/22

Will Dieterich wrote:

> This has been driving me crazy, so instead of going with my final solution
> of trapping for the error message and then ignoring it I figured I would
> ask here.
>
> This is under the Unix 1.2 version of Developer 2000
> [snip]
> The problem I am getting is that whenever I do this is get an
> error message of FRM-40401: No Changes to save. Needless to say if I take
> out the commit, the changes are not saved to the database, but when I leave
> the commit in the changes are saved, but I get the error message.
> I have tried using commit_form, post and a few other Form 4.5 commands that
> perform commits but they all put up thier version of 'No changes to save'.
>
> Does anyone have any other ideas besides just trapping for this error and then
> ignoring it? Thanks.

I'm using D2K 1.2 under windows 3.1 and had the same problem. The only other options I can suggest are;
 -actually change a DB field (to itself) so that Forms45 thinks there are changes to save (not nice!).
 -use the :system.message_level - set this to a level that means that the error is not reported.
 -another thing you can do is set_record_property to changed (I havn't tried this - but it seems like an option). This will hopefully avoid the message and save the changes

Just some other workarounds I'm afraid...

TTFN
Chris Received on Mon Jul 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message