Problem with SCO and Oracle SPX Listener

From: Luis Santos <lsantos_at_centroin.com.br>
Date: 1996/07/21

Hello All!

I'm in trouble because I need to start my SQL*NET v2 SPX Listener in my SCO Open Server running Oracle Workgroup Server.

The Oracle Workgroup Server for SCO Unix comes with both TCP/IP and SPX v2 listeners. The TCP/IP listener is running weel, but the SPX refuses to start.

I have installed on my SCO Open Server (release 5) the IPX/SPX runtime system version 2.0.0f. The version required, as the manual says, by the Oracle is version 1 something.

The three deamons of IPX/SPX services (npsad sapd nvtd) are running well. I see my Netware server and login on it. That means that the protocol are runnnig well too.

But when I start my spx-listener, after a long time, it shows the message: listener could not start. Unfortunatelly I don't have now the correct message...

Does anyone knows something that can help me? All replies are welcome!

PS; Please e-mail a copy of your reply directly to me, if you reply on the newsgroup...

Sincerely,

--
Luis Santos
Relacional Consultoria