HELP me in Oracle users passwords

From: Uri Margalit <urim_at_shani.net>
Date: 1996/07/21

I've got a question :

I'm working on pc (dev 2000) connectin to oracle on unix/NT.

I *need* that my users will be asked only once for user and password.

they use pcnfs (so can i get the user from the nfs -we used chameleon) and if no how can i say to oracle to not asked for user and password and still be able to secure the connection to oracle.

I've got some options (please help me to decide which one is the best or bring more options) :
1. use the OPS$ and REMOTE_OS_AUTHENTICAN.

    my application wil prompt for user and password and asked the     server (unix/NT) if the password match the user and if so will     connect to oracle with the user given. 2. get from the pcnfs the user it connect with and connect to oracle

    with that user.
3. don't use OPS$ but when the user change password in the server

     i'll vhange the password for him in oracle. 4. use tow different security users. one for the server and one for

     oracle.

what you think is the best if I *need* that my end users will be asked the minimum time for user and password.

Please Email me to urim_at_shani.net

Uri Received on Sun Jul 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message