Stored procedures (HELP ME !!!)

From: Jean-Marc ARZOUMANIAN <jmarzou_at_worlnet.fr>
Date: 1996/07/20

Hi from Paris !

I'm writing a 32-bits C/S application with Visual C++ 4.1 that might be connected to differents RDBMS via ODBC drivers.

The supported databases are:
- Oracle 7.x

  • Sybase system X and XI
  • Microsoft SQL Server 4.21 (?) and 6.x
  • Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0
  • Watcom 4.x

Great part of the application's logic is on the server side under the form of stored procedures called via ODBC.

I was disappointed to find out that Oracle doesn't support stored procedures that return multiple result sets. That fact leads me to code SELECT statements on the client side (in C++ code) rather than just code CALL statements to stored procedures that embeds a select statement (see Watcom example below).

Q: Does anyone know how to write an Oracle 7.x stored procedure that returns

   a multiple result set ?

Thanx in advance.

PS: Watcom 4.0 example :

procedure MYPROC
(

   in MYARG1 integer
)
result
(

   RES1 char(30),
   RES2 integer
)
begin

   select RES1, RES2 from ... where ... COL1 = MYARG1;

end Received on Sat Jul 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message