Re: Forms 4.5 problem

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/07/19

In <4sj2p7$7ku_at_eng_ser1.erg.cuhk.hk>, wslun_at_cs.cuhk.hk (") writes:

>In previous article, Muhammad A. Malik (mamalik_at_cs.wmich.edu) wrote:
>[QUOTE]Is there any solution to the following Forms 4.5 problem:
>
>[QUOTE]In a multi-record block associated with a base table, I want to have
>[QUOTE]distinct background colors for each distinct value in a field for each
>[QUOTE]record.
>
>[QUOTE]For example in a field containing the following data:
>
>[QUOTE]Value Background color
>[QUOTE]1 Green
>[QUOTE]2 Red
>[QUOTE]3 Blue
>[QUOTE]2 Red
>[QUOTE]1 Green
>[QUOTE]4 Yellow
>[QUOTE]3 Blue
>[QUOTE]1 Green
>[QUOTE]2 Red
>[QUOTE]4 Yellow
>
> I've already written such a program for testing and I got it !
>
> First of all, you need to declare visual attribute for each color.
>You could find it in the navigator.
>
> Then you should use WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM for the field that you'll
>input your color.
>
> The PL/SQL as follows for above trigger :
>
>declare
>color NUMBER;
>begin
> if color = 1 then
> set_item_property(blk_id, visual_attribute, 'visual_attribute_1');
> else
> if color = 2 then ...
> end if;
>end;
>
>The visual_attribute_1 is defined in the visual attribute of the
>navigator with the background color GREEN.
>

> Should you have any enquiries, please free feel to email to me.
>--
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Lun Wing San
> ­Û ¥Ã ·s
>

>Email address : sunny_at_hkpc.org / wslun_at_cs.cuhk.hk
>Telephone : (852)2758 5936 / (852)2788 5841

Be aware that Set_Item_Property does the whole column where Display_Item just affects the item.

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (preferred for work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (preferred for home)
Reading, PA Received on Fri Jul 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message