OCI and C with Visual C/C++

From: Jan Ekholm INF <jekholm_at_news.abo.fi>
Date: 1996/07/19

Hi all!

I'm developing an application that should through C++ use a Oracel V7 database. The connection will be using Oracle Call Interface (OCI). The compiler is Visual C/C++ 1.51. The Oracle books explain quite nicely what switches to set and which options to enable for the compiler.

Compiling is easy, and the compiler easily finds the correct include-files, but the problem arises when coming to the link-phase. The linker isn't able to find the OCI functions anywhere and only gives me messages such as :

ORACLE.OBJ(c:\oracle.cpp) : error L2029: 'int __far __cdecl ologof(struct cda_def __far*)' : unresolved external

In my eyes it does not find the correct function from the library, although I'm sure it finds the libraries (ora7win.lib, corewin.lib and coreowin.lib), because if you try have the linker search a non-existing library it will give an errormessage. I have the paths and libraries specified correctly. If I have the linker output more detailed information it doesn't seem to even visit those libs.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is wrong with my ideas? Could be this is more a VC problem than an Oracle problem , but I thought that more people that have used the OCI would be found here than in any other group...

I'd really appreciate any hints as to what is wrong. Am I missing a switch somewhere or a declaration of some sort...

        Best regards, Jan Ekholm

 --

  Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm   |  CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland