Questions about osnsui and osncui in Pro*C program

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1996/07/19

I have inherited responsibility for a small Pro*C program that is part of a much larger application. The program does things with named pipes and signal handling to communicate with multiple processes. The program is not working correctly, and we think it is because for the signal handling routines, it is using the standard UNIX signal() function rather than Oracle's osnsui and osncui functions.

Does anyone out there have some information on using signal handling routines with Pro*C on a UNIX platform? In particular, in the Oracle7 Server for UNIX Server Administrator's Guide, it is mentioned that if you want to do signal handling, you MUST do it through the OCI functions osnsui and osncui. Unfortunately, Oracle's documentation on these 2 functions is woefully lacking. I do have Oracle Technical Bulletin 2051883.6, Handling UNIX Signals with Oracle Programs, but I am somewhat confused by it. I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian M. Biggs                             mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.                       voice: (513) 677-7661