Re: Forms 4.5 problem

From: <wslun_at_cs.cuhk.hk>
Date: 1996/07/17

In previous article, Muhammad A. Malik (mamalik_at_cs.wmich.edu) wrote:
[QUOTE]Is there any solution to the following Forms 4.5 problem:

[QUOTE]In a multi-record block associated with a base table, I want to have
[QUOTE]distinct background colors for each distinct value in a field for each
[QUOTE]record.

[QUOTE]For example in a field containing the following data:

[QUOTE]Value Background color
[QUOTE]1 Green
[QUOTE]2 Red
[QUOTE]3 Blue
[QUOTE]2 Red
[QUOTE]1 Green
[QUOTE]4 Yellow
[QUOTE]3 Blue
[QUOTE]1 Green
[QUOTE]2 Red
[QUOTE]4 Yellow

      I've already written such a program for testing and I got it !

      First of all, you need to declare visual attribute for each color. You could find it in the navigator.

      Then you should use WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM for the field that you'll input your color.

      The PL/SQL as follows for above trigger :

declare
color NUMBER;
begin

    if color = 1 then

       set_item_property(blk_id, visual_attribute, 'visual_attribute_1');     else

        if color = 2 then ...
    end if;
end;

The visual_attribute_1 is defined in the visual attribute of the navigator with the background color GREEN.

     Should you have any enquiries, please free feel to email to me.

--

                                                               Best Regards,

                                                                 Lun Wing San
                                                                 ­Û  ¥Ã   ·s

Email address : sunny_at_hkpc.org / wslun_at_cs.cuhk.hk
Telephone     : (852)2758 5936 / (852)2788 5841