Re: Timeout in SQL Plus

From: Glen Sprinkle <avn040gs_at_avnasis.jccbi.gov>
Date: 1996/07/17

Alan Hamilton wrote:

> I'm running SQL*Plus on a Win3.1 machine with Netmanage's TCP/IP stack, and
> it's talking to an AIX server.
>
> If I start SQL*Plus by itself, I get a timeout error connecting to the
> server (ORA-12535). If I have a socket already open to the server (like a
> telnet session) it works fine. The timeout on the listener is set to 0,
> but I think the timeout problem is on the client side. Is there any way to
> bump up the client timout?
>
> --
> /
> / * / Alan Hamilton
> * * alanh_at_primenet.com

We have encountered a similar problem at our site. We are running SQL*NET 2.1 with Netmanage's TCP/IP stack 'NEWT' version 4.6. We seemed to correct the problem by 1) running SNMPD.EXE (NEWT program) from the startup group 2) getting an upgrade from Netmanage to 4.6.3.

Although this corrected the problem under SQL*NET 2.1 my initial tests have not been successful under SQL*NET 2.2. I have asked Oracle about parameter settings which might help the problem, but nothing we have tried has helped.

Glenn Sprinkle Received on Wed Jul 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message