Re: Oracle on Novell

From: Bo Lu <bo.lu_at_hsc.utah.edu>
Date: 1996/07/16

plattd_at_gov.on.ca (David Platt) wrote:

>There is some pressure within my organization to pick an operating
>system standard. The early favorite seems to be Novell Netware.
>We have two large Oracle applications (over 6 gigs) with about 50
>concurrent users on each system. I am concerned that Netware may not
>have the horsepower to run these apps and that some features that we
>have come to take for granted in the UNIX environment may not be
>available. I would welcome comments from anyone who has an interest
>in this matter regarding the pros and cons of this approach.
>
>Thanks

We have been using Oracle 7.2 on Novell Netware 3.12 for several Month for our patient records. We have around 50 concurrent users. The system works well except for it abend when you run the big transaction with other concurrent transactions. In a word, if works well with low amount of concurrent transactions, but not with big load!

Bo Lu
DBA
University of Utah Hospital
(801)581-5964 Received on Tue Jul 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message