Re: Forms 3.0 problem: Sort by non database fields

From: Bhaskar Manda <bhaskar_at_orion.me.uiuc.edu>
Date: 1996/07/16

ash_at_lantis.demon.co.uk (Afshin Ghafoori) writes:
>bhaskar_at_orion.me.uiuc.edu (Bhaskar Manda) wrote:
>>hi
>>i am trying to sort the rows in my Forms 3.0 form.
>>any ideas on how to do this?
>>thanx.
>>-- Sivaram Manda
>In the default where clause of the block, write something like:
>ORDER BY :BLOCK1.FIELD1, :table.column etc.
>Note that you can also use functions, e.g.,
>DECODE(:BLOCK1.FIELD1,"A",1,"B",2,3) etc...
>Hope this covers it!

Thanx for all the help. What I ended up doing is having a database function (which calculated the value for the non-database column in the form), and I could have the function in the ORDER BY clause in the form. -- Sivaram Manda Received on Tue Jul 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message