Re: dbms_output

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_dlsun338.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/15

In article <4sehkf$1d14_at_news.missouri.edu>, turner_at_services.more.net (David Turner) writes:
|> I have been trying to get this to work for some time and just
|> can't get it to print more than 2000 records. I get a buffer
|> overflow error every time.
|>
|> Has anyone had any experience using dbms_output to print more than
|> 2000 lines, is there a better method???

You can either use DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(1000000), or include the SIZE parameter in the SET SERVEROUTPUT ON command - SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000. Both will increase the buffer size to the maximum, one million bytes. The default buffer size is 2000 bytes.

|> Thanks for your help, David

[code snipped]

Scott Urman Oracle Corporation surman_at_us.oracle.com

Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2 Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm

"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of  Oracle Corporation"