Re: Help Forms 4.5 - MDI behavior

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/07/15

In article <31E6AE6A.2DAA_at_erudite.com>, Shawn Odekirk <shawno_at_erudite.com> says:

>When I launch my Forms application under Windows, I would like an MDI frame window
>with a menu to open but I don't want any document windows open at first.
>The Forms 4.5 Runform window works well as my MDI frame, but I can't get it
>to stay open with out having some window open in it. I know I can hide the
>window to make it look like there are no documents open, but I can see the window
>open and then become hidden. How do I hide the window early enough in the opening
>of the form to keep it from flashing?

I believe pre-form is the earliest trigger, then when-new-form-instance. I had a similar problem, but in reverse - when the user takes a (customised) menu option to exit the entire forms 'stack', each of the forms in the stack briefly flicks into view. We do this by setting a global and then checking the global in the when-window-activated trigger, and found we could NOT prevent this flicking.
So I doubt you will be able to either.

HIH
Lee
** Status Report - 4 days until Maternity Leave, and counting **

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Mon Jul 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message