Re: Forms 3.0 --> Forms 4.5

From: David Di Biaggio <dibiaggio_at_iquest.net>
Date: 1996/07/15

John Strange wrote:

> ----------- korn shell script starts here ----------------------------------------
> # /***********************************************************************
> # *
> # * f3_2_f4 - Convert form3.x into forms4.5
> # *
> # ***********************************************************************/
>
> for file in `ls -1 C*.inp`
> do
> $ORACLE_HOME/bin/f45genm Module=${file} Userid=scott/tiger version=30 Upgrade=YES
> done

> Marie Habib (mahabib_at_ulix.net) wrote:
> : Does anyone have any experience with a conversion of Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5

> : Can you recommend any conversion tools or methods.
>
> --
> This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
> official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
> opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.

Kumaran Systems has a software package called GUI*Converter that I understand is decent. We used their ACE*Converter to convert from 2.3 to 3.0 and it worked great. Had a beta copy of the GUI*Converter but never could get it to work right but that was over a year ago. Give them a call and see if they can send you an eval disk....they are pretty good about this. Received on Mon Jul 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message