Re: Help Forms 4.5 - MDI behavior

From: John Verhoeven <johnv_at_acix.DIALix.oz.au>
Date: 1996/07/14

In article dated Fri, 12 Jul 1996 13:58:34 -0600, Shawn Odekirk (shawno_at_erudite.com) wrote:
> When I launch my Forms application under Windows, I would like an MDI frame window
> with a menu to open but I don't want any document windows open at first.
> The Forms 4.5 Runform window works well as my MDI frame, but I can't get it
> to stay open with out having some window open in it. I know I can hide the
> window to make it look like there are no documents open, but I can see the window
> open and then become hidden. How do I hide the window early enough in the opening
> of the form to keep it from flashing?

What our devlopers did was make a status window out of the initial window. It shows the userid they used to log on, the name & version of the system and other misc stuff. It's always visible.

--
 _--_|\  John Verhoeven (johnv_at_acix.DIALix.oz.au or johnv_at_DIALix.oz.au)
/      \ >>>> Writing programs in assembler is like digging post <<<<