Re: Help: Trigger Problem

From: Vandra Huber <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 1996/07/14

Ken Niedermeyer wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> >
> > I created a trigger and it gets created just fine. but when I try to view the body
> > of the trigger in the all_triggers and only a couple of lines show up of the body.
> > It cuts off right in the middle of a variable. The trigger doesn't seem to be
> > working either but it compiles just fine. Any idea what the problem might be?
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Chris
> > croys_at_smart.net
>
> I would try setting the column length that displays the text of the
> triger to something like 3000. That way you can see more of your
> text.
> --
> Ken Niedermeyer
> Boeing Centrial Information Systems
> Ken.Niedermeyer_at_boeing.com

Assuming that your viewing the triggers in SQL*Plus, you need to set the long variable (?) which determines the number of characters in any field. You should be able to find it under the set/show part of the manuals.

Generally I set it into the glogin.sql which runs at the start of SQL*Plus.

Mike Krolewski
mkrolews_at_upw.com Received on Sun Jul 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message